Thursday, October 11, 2012

Black Tie Friday Challenge #4


Hi there! Today I'm showing the card I made for the Black Tie Friday's Challenge .  The challenge this week was to create a card without ANY ink.  Die cuts and punches only.  For this card I used the Holiday Collection Framelits with the Festival of Prints DSP to make the candy canes.  I snipped the sentiment from one of the Snow Festival Designer Printed Tags.  I found it very difficult to incorporate the black but then I grabbed some of the brushed gold cardstock.  I LOVE the elegance that the brushed gold and black cardstock create, even with the whimsical candy canes.   I think it turned out pretty cute.  The 3"x3" size makes it perfect to use as a gift tag!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the DSP for the candy canes. I first thought you had paper pieced all of that! The black looks nice in the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way your card came together! The candy canes are very cute, and I too love the black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, the red candy canes, with the black back ground are very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...