Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Basket full of Flowers (PP116 and MOJO262)



Here's the card I'm submitting for the Paper Players theme challenge #116 and the Mojo Monday #262.  The theme challenge was to feature a cup or cups.  So, I turned both challenges on their side....literally.  The "basket" on this card is made from the cup/mug framelit from the Holiday Collection framelits. I used some Core'dinations cardstock and ran it thru the lattice embossing folder.  A little sanding makes the basket more authentic! I used the 1/2" circle punch to make the handle on the basket.  The leaves were punched from the bird punch and I sponged the edges just a bit for dimension.  I added a few itty bitty flowers with rhinestones for some pop!  I'm really happy with how this card turned out.  I hope you like it too!



6 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! I love how you turned the cup on it's side. I'll have to remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired use of the cup die Alyssa! - it makes a fabulous basket! A very sweet card. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an ingenious idea....I think I might have to CASE this! A sweet take on the challenge! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinkin' clever! Love the embossing on the sideways cup--it is the perfect texture for a basket. Love the colors too--great job! Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your basket creation is awesome! Such a pretty card, I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...