Friday, November 9, 2012

Challenge Combo--Give Thanks, Elegant Autumn, Clean and Simple


Happy Friday!!  Being a stay at home mom, usually Friday is not unlike any other day, but today it feels awesome.  No explanation for why, but I'm just gonna go with it!  Here's what I came up with when I combined a few challenges!  The theme comes from both The Paper Players Theme challenge #120 "Give Thanks" and from SUO #57 "Elegant Autumn". And the layout comes from Clean & Simple Stamping FTL215.  I watched a tutorial for the pine cone on YouTube from Valitas Fresh Folds.  I don't have the punches that she used so I used the bird builder punch.  I also used the Early Espresso Core-dinations paper and roughed up the edges a bit for dimension.  In retrospect, I probably should've used Cajun Craze or More Mustard instead of Bravo Burgundy for the little strip behind the sentiment to make it more "Autumn" than "Winter".  I had fun making this and I kinda fell in love with Tombow multipurpose glue while making the pine cone.  That stuff is great!  It's totally forgiving (lets you move stuff around a bit) but also dries quickly and holds really well!!

 Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I love the pine cone! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Alyssa! I think the pine cone is great with the shapes from the Bird Builder punch - and I think the Bravo Burgundy works perfectly with this theme! Thanks for joining in the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Alyssa,

    this is a very nice card!

    greetings, Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the swirl from EE over the French Foliage, so elegant! And your pine cone is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...this is just totally AMAZING!!! Such a clean look but so much going on! Thanks for playing with us for the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, lovely! I'm a big Tombo fan too!! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the punch art pinecone...so clever! Awesome card...love all the details! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...